IAPAM Symposium & Botox Training Agenda
Symposium Day 1 (Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm)
7:30 am – Registration Begins
- Latest Trends in the Aesthetic Medicine Industry – What you need to know to Succeed
- Meeting the growing demand with the right procedures.
- Typical startup costs associated with common aesthetic procedures .
- Integrating Aesthetic Medicine into a Medical Practice or Medical Spa
- The key to success in aesthetics in performing a comprehensive patient selection and consultations.
- Includes details on how to complete aesthetic patient medical history and consent forms (CD includes all forms).
- Anatomy and Physiological of the Skin
- Epidermal Layers.
- Facial Structure, including Facial Musculature.
- Identifying Skin Tension Lines overlying Facial Muscles and Cosmetic Subunits.
- Common Cutaneous Diseases.
- Common Skin Cancers (Melanoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma).
- Cosmetic Injectable options available today:
- FDA approved Botulinum Toxin’s for facial aesthetics (Botox Cosmetic® and Dysport®).
- Hyaluronic Acids (Restylane®, Juvederm®, Perlane®, Juvederm Ultra ®, Hylaform® and Hylaform® plus).
- Collagens (Cosmoderm™, Cosmoplast™).
- Longer lasting fillers (Radiesse®, Sculptra®).
1:00pm – IPL/Laser Procedures
- Utilizing IPL/Laser Technologies within an Aesthetic Practice or Medical Spa
- Difference between laser and IPL technologies.
- Physics of IPL/Laser devices (how to match the right equipment to the right procedure).
- Skin typing using the Fitzpatrick scale and patient selection.
- Principles and safety of lasers and IPL devices.
- Potential side effects and risks.
- Incorporating facial/skin rejuvenation into your practice.
- Performing the most profitable IPL/Laser procedures(hands-on & live demonstration in small groups)
- Skin rejuvenation, hair reduction, benign pigmented lesions, vascular lesions, acne, leg veins, and fractional laser skin resurfacing.
Symposium Day 2 (Sunday, 8:00am – 4:30pm)
- Minimally-Invasive Skin Rejuvenation Procedures
- Chemical Peels: Patient selection is very important since skin care products may contain ingredients that could provoke sensitive skin or trigger allergic reactions. Learn what types of peel formulations you will need to offer to correct the most common skin conditions. Includes live demonstration of the “layer and leave on” approach to customized peel treatments with little time and effort that yield high efficacy and patient satisfaction.
- Medical Microdermabrasion is one of the most requested procedures and continues to grow year after year is a must for a successful medical spa or aesthetic medicine practice. Includes a hands-on demo.
- Mineral Makeup is required after providing minimally invasive treatments when you need to protect and enhance the skin. Learn how mineral makeup can be profit center for your aesthetic practice or medical spa.
12:30pm - Botulinum Toxin Training and Dermal Filler Training
- Incorporating Botulinum Toxins (Dysport® & Botox Cosmetic®) and Dermal Fillers into your Practice (combination hands-on and live demonstrations in small groups)
- Botox® Injection Techniques, Protocols and Guidelines. The key to happy patients is fully understanding where and how many units to inject, therefore extensive time will be spent analyzing patients to ensure you give them the best aesthetic results.
- Dermal Filler Techniques, Protocols and Guidelines with live demonstration.
- Please note: this session requires approximately 2 hrs of pre-work in order for you to get the most out of the session (this will be sent when your registration is processed).
Optional Program (Monday following)
Monday Optional Business Program:
Business Track: Aesthetic Practice Startup Workshop – $595: If you are going to open a medical spa or incorporate medical aesthetics into your existing practice, you can’t afford to miss this workshop. This Monday session is open to physicians, business/practice managers and non-medical staff. After completing this workshop, you will leave with a personalized business plan for your aesthetic practice. We will cover: creating a menu of services, location considerations, developing a pricing strategy, specific marketing strategies, important legal and regulations, and how to read basic financial reports. Also included on the included CD: Aesthetic medicine procedural protocols, aesthetic job descriptions, completed business plan. More Information. Time: 8:00am-2:30pm.
Lunch and breaks are included.
* times, faculty, content subject to change.
Botox, Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm are trademarks of Allergan, Inc. Dysport, Restylane, Perlane are trademarks of Medicis, Inc.